Techna offer the automated Uhing Motion Drive® winding system, the latest innovation from Uhing based on a modified Rolling Ring Drive, which is controlled by sensors and an electronic control unit programmed with custom software. As both the software and hardware have been engineered together, they are perfectly matched to each other.
One advantage of the Uhing Motion Drive® is the fact that since the drive’s stroke width is stored, it is simple to adapt a given winder to another material, another spool or even both at the push of a button. This significantly reduces set up time, cutting down on process costs as well as errors.
It is also possible to input and control parameters of speed, action / reversal points and traversing widths for maximum flexibility and customised winding patterns.
Uhing Motion Drive® Function
The automated Uhing Motion Drive® winding system was designed in particular for winding and traversing processes in the wire and cable industry, as well as for handling and XY gantry systems. Other possible applications are general drive technology processes where a linear motion is required within limits specified by the respective systems.
Uhing Motion Drive® Advantages
• One system to operate the widest range of spool types, such as, rectangular, bi-conical, single conical, etc.
• Freely definable winding patterns
• Spool types can be stored
• Robust and reliable rolling ring drive technology
• The Uhing Motion Drive® also offers all the benefits of the tried and tested rolling ring drive technology
• No more calibration and test cycles for winding applications
• Internal detection / elimination of errors
• Multi-station systems are possible
• Mechanically compatible with conventional rolling ring drives, as they can be converted
• Constant speed with different shaft speeds, or different speeds with constant shaft speed
• Freely definable motion programmes
• Definable action / reversal points
• All components compliant with industry standards
• Integration into customer’s machine controller is possible
• Flexibly adjustable, as nearly all special rolling ring drive variants can be implemented
SKU: Techna-UMDMSRP:Was:Price Now