Techna offer a range of Rolling Ring Linear Drive Nuts that convert the rotation of a smooth, non-threaded round shaft into a linear traversing movement. The RS series of rolling ring linear drive nuts have a fixed pitch system that provides a constant speed with direction of travel according to direction of shaft rotation.
This effect is achieved by using rolling rings that are mounted on roller bearings and have a specially shaped running surface. These rings are pressed against the shaft so that they roll on the surface of the shaft at a specific angle. The RS series of rolling ring linear drive nuts are totally backlash free, and can be disengaged from the shaft.
There are eight different sizes of linear drive nut, that cover shaft diameters from 8mm to 60mm, from 50 to 2000 Newtons side thrust being available and the option of having either 3 or 4 rolling rings. The RS series of rolling ring linear drive nuts offer complete versatility in various applications.
Special design for open rolling ring linear drive nuts are available upon request.
Rolling Ring Linear Drive Nuts Characteristics
• Backlash free operation
• Resistant to vibration
• Compact design
• Self limiting overload protection
• High efficiency
• Quiet in operation
• Low maintenance
• Mechanical or pneumatic free-movement lever
• Options for additional sealing possibilities, for use in dusty, dirty or humid environments etc.
• Options for linking multiple linear drive nuts together for higher side thrust
• Options for having a left and right-hand pitch on the same shaft (2 drive nuts moving in opposite directions)
SKU: Techna-RSMSRP:Was:Price Now