The CX-Series circuit breaker features a unique and innovative arc-quenching configuration that allows the breaker to safely handle high amperage and high DC voltage applications in a compact package.
By using a patent pending magnetic flux boosting terminal configuration, a strong magnetic field is created thus motivating the arc into an enhanced arc chamber improving the breaker’s overall performance and reliability.
The permanent magnets located at the entrance of the arc chamber combined with the upper and lower arc runner increase the magnetic blow out force and aid in motivating
the arc off of the contacts and into the arc chamber.
An enhanced arc chamber features arc splitter retainers with integrated pressurizing walls, which facilitates heat transfer from the arc thereby providing additional cooling and quick transition into the magnetically induced splitter plates. In turn, the twelve (12) splitter plates attract, segment and cool the arc for full extinction.
Combined, these innovative features make the CX-Series breaker the best in class, providing stable performance even in the most demanding applications.
• The CX-Series is UL 489B approved and ideal for integration into the combiner box or main disconnect of photovoltaic renewable energy systems.
• Ideally suitable for integration into IT and data centre’ power distribution equipment utilizing high DC voltage input.
• UL 489B approved
• Temperature stable hydraulic/magnetic overcurrent sensing technology.
• Optional relay trip circuit permitting remote operator system shut down.
• Choice of 6-32 or M3 mounting inserts providing secure panel mount installation.
• Choice of handle colours and legends, consult factory for details.